7/29/09

Robot Jox and Crash and Burn: The Scores

Apparently it's soundtrack week on CMC! And there's at least one more super awesome post left that I've been sitting on for Michael Jackson's Rat Month. Boy you guys have it made.

I don't know how many times I can say it, I love Stuart Gordon's Robot Jox. Back in my college radio days, the show my buddy Ross and I hosted was called The Robot Jox. In fact, it's not that I had completely forgotten, but Mr. Phelpster's post on the Manchester Morgue reminded me how I had not posted the score in our original post. We hadn't really fleshed out the format here yet. So here you go, months and months late. The score to probably one of my all-time favorite movies. I also love Die Hard, just so you know.





The companion to Robot Jox (in life and in our post) was Crash & Burn, released the same year, and directed by Charles Band. The score was done by his brother Richard Band. Their father Albert, directed Robot Wars. I love the Band family's dedication to my overall childhood robot happiness factor.




Also, we can't claim credit for either of the above being available to you all. Both are long out of print and we don't know the original sources, but they are greatly thanked and appreciated!

If there are any previous scores or soundtracks for films we've reviewed you'd like us to post, let us know in the comments. It's a fair bet we have it, but at this point, I don't think we'll go one by one posting them up. It'll be by request only for the old stuff right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment