8/17/09

Fuzzbucket (1986)


My dad is one of those awesome dads who taped a handful of quality videos for my brother and I to watch as youngsters. And I mean complete quality, movies like Star Wars, Clash of the Titans, Flash Gordon, Godzilla 1985, Winds of Change...I could go on for the better part of a day about the great cinema my brother and I indulged in by way of dad's tapes. But today I will go on about one specific tape that seems all but forgotten by the rest of the world...Fuzzbucket! Check out the Disney Sunday Movie intro below:



My dad taped this after I bugged him when seeing an ad while he was already taping the Ewok Adventure for me, so he dropped it on the same tape right afterward. I couldn't ask for a better double feature as a 7-year old. Fuzzbucket finds Michael talking to his imaginary friend through the first half, asking him all sorts of questions and generally looking like a maniac as he yells to the empty seat next to him. Fuzzbucket reveals he was out past midnight so his guts are invisible. Weird Gremlins-like, curfew-supporting, logic-suspending reason, but as a kid, I bought it. But then the awesome stuff happens when Michael makes a magic potion to make Fuzzbucket visible.

This movie rules. No questions. No doubts. It's difficult to find more info on this, but what little was found suggests this was originally intended to be a TV pilot, probably to pull some of Alf's audience, I'd imagine.




Fuzzbucket stars Chris Herbert, John Vernon, John Regalbuto, Teen Witch, Fran Ryan and Phil Fondacaro, who's starred in Troll (including the new one), The Garbage Pail Kids and as an ewok in Return of the Jedi. It comes full circle. I'm sure the ewoks will get their own post on here someday...

Alas, there is no official release of any kind for Fuzzbucket to my knowledge.

UPDATE: 9.2011  -- Disney has since released this as part of the Generations collection, grab a copy now! YEAAAHHHH

10 comments:

  1. could i get a copy of this movie ive been searching for years. i too had a recorded on a vhs tape but got thrown out by my mother when i moved out. i would greatly appreciate a digital download of this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. send us an email at camp.movie.camp@gmail.com and we'll see if can help you out! thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. r.julie7528@yahoo.com is my email. If you know how I can find the movies Fuzzbucket and Mr. Boogedy both tv movies in the 80's, please email me I will buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have been searching for this movie for more then 10 years I am 30 years old now and me and my sister watched this and Mr. boogedy ild found mr boogedy and all i am missing is this one is there anyway i could get a copy of fuzbucket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reviews ! Never gone for this film....movies seems to be good one. You have very good collection of films. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I remember my brothers and I watching this in 1986 i was 6 years old at my grandparents watching this.. I always remembred it but bever thoguht of it often.

    Pitty it was not shown much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey everyone! Since we posted this, our inbox was abuzz with requests, and at this point the best solution I can provide until—if ever—an official release is available is check out some torrent sites. It's out there for sure. Same with Mr. Boogedy, which we should definitely review here, and the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! I'm so happy, this has been driving me crazy for years and most people I would ask thought I was crazy! I used to watch this movie on a taped VHS before school. I remembered the title as scuzz bucket. Thanks for posting the intro, that was a great flashback I had totally forgotten about. I would buy this movie in a heartbeat!


    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone, wanted to update you guys with the news that this past summer Disney released this on their website through their Disney Generations collection!

    http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/fuzzbucket.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would like a copy of scuzzbucket i havent seen it since i was a kid

    ReplyDelete